Linux, Open Source, Web, Engineering, Technology
Archive for the ‘Linux’ Category
October 19, 2011
Updated October 19 2011 to use never version drivers. Works on Debian and LMDE too.
Tired of wasting money buying ink-jet cartridges that run out without even using them, I recently bought a Canon ImageCLASS MF4270 Laser Printer. It is also a multifunctional device with scanner, copier and fax.
Canon now provides .deb files for easy installation of their ImageCLASS MF4270 printer on Ubuntu Linux (or other debian based distributions). Unfortunately they are only providing them for i386 (32 Bit Systems)
For RPM based distributions however, they do provide 64-Bits installation files.
Using alien I converted these 64bit RPM to deb.
I am making them available here for your convinience:
Dont forget to set the device URI to: socket://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9100 (x’s being the IP address of printer)
For the scanner part follow this guide:
Original: October 25 2008.
EDIT: Updated April 24 2009 to use never version drivers.
EDIT: Updated October 19 2011 to use never version drivers.
October 10, 2011
September 7, 2011
Learn more at: PhoneGap.
August 23, 2011
Yes, there is powerful photo-stitching software for Linux.
via: fotoxx – kornelix.
August 11, 2011
This will be an ever growing list of Open-Source software to keep and eye on.
When they reach maturity they’llne moved to the Mature Production Ready Open-Source software list:
- Open Atrium, Collaboration, It uses Drupal as its foundation. | http://openatrium.com/
- Concrete5, CMS. | http://www.concrete5.org/
- slowmoVideo | http://slowmovideo.granjow.net/index.html
- coLinux | http://www.colinux.org/
- andLinux | http://www.andlinux.org/
August 11, 2011
This will be an ever-growing list of mature and production-ready open-source software:
- Linux, Kernel | http://www.kernel.org/
- Debian, OS | http://www.debian.org/
- Apache, web-server | http://httpd.apache.org/
- PostgreSQL, DB | http://www.postgresql.org/
- MySQL, DB | http://www.mysql.com/
- Drupal, CMS | http://drupal.org/
- WordPress, CMS | http://wordpress.org/
- Joomla, CMS | http://www.joomla.org/
- Xen, VM hypervisor | http://xen.org/
- PHP, Scripting language | http://www.php.net/
- Red Hat, OS, | http://www.redhat.com/
- Cent OS, OS | http://www.centos.org/ (Red Hat minus the branding & artwork)
- MediaWiki, wiki server | http://www.mediawiki.org/
August 9, 2011
Duplicate Post | By Enrico Battocchi
Google XML Sitemaps | By Arne Brachhold
All in One SEO Pack | By Michael Torbert
WordPress Database Backup | By Austin Matzko
WordPress Backup | By BTE (Blog Traffic Exchange)
WP Minify | By Thaya Kareeson
WP Super Cache | By Donncha O Caoimh
Delete-Revision | By gohsy
Sociable | By Blogplay
WP to Twitter | By Joseph Dolson
JF3 Maintenance Redirect | By Jack Finch
Iframe | By webvitaly
July 23, 2011
UPDATED Jul 23/2011
Finally we have a native 64bit Flash 11. It is working very well, I highly recommend it.
Before installing it, make sure that previous versions of Flash and nspluginwrapper are uninstalled.
Download it from:
untar, copy and link libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins by doing the following in the terminal. (make sure you close Firefox first)
tar zxvf flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/ sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/xulrunner-addons/plugins/
Or, alternatively (you should always read and understand scripts before running them) you can do this installation just by copying and pasting the following in the terminal:
wget http://queleimporta.com/downloads/flash_x64_en.sh && sudo chmod +x flash_x64_en.sh && sudo sh ./flash_x64_en.sh
This script will install Native 64 Bit Flash 11 and will also remove previous versions of flash and “nspluginwrapper”
Note: If you just want to see the code for the script, it is available here:
EDIT #1: January 01/2009: Updated everything to use latest adobe version 10.0.d21.1
EDIT #2: March 02/2009: Updated everything to use latest adobe version 10.0.22.87
EDIT #3: August 02/2009: Updated everything to use latest adobe version 10.0.32.18
EDIT #4: January 05/2010: Updated everything to use latest adobe version 10.0.42.34
EDIT #5: February 11/2010: Updated everything to use latest adobe version 10.0.45.2
EDIT #6: October 12/2010: Updated everything to use latest adobe version 10.2.161.23 Preview
EDIT #7: July 23/2011: Updated everything to use latest version of Adobe Flash version 188.8.131.52
- Installing Canon’s ImageCLASS MF4270 on Ubuntu 64 bit
- Open Source Bare Metal Backup & Restore
- Companies with the worst customer service in Costa Rica.
- Costa Rica